CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 1, 2009

...in the eyes of a Yaya.


Every night before bed we read between 2 to 12 books.  I always find it humorous to hear the random comments that Alivia makes about the picture, story or character she is looking at. She has several favorites and one of them is about a mouse who goes to the movies.  About halfway through this book the mouse has just come in from throwing snowballs outside and he is lying on the back of a couch with just his boxers on.  Tonight Alivia pointed out the obvious..."Mommy, he is nakey!"  


In another book she decided that some of the characters in the book reminded her of her family.  When we came across the picture below she proceeded to tell me that the picture was of "Mommy!!"  I am not sure whether to be flattered or offended.  I mean the woman is slender, wearing a nice suit and has perfectly coiffed hair.  But let's not overlook the fact she is obviously a very angry woman that is about to hit something or someone with a broom.  Hmmm....??!!!??


We moved forward through the book about hedgehogs and turtles and came across another picture.  For this picture Alivia told me the man was "Daddy!"  What more can I say other than...Hmmm??!!??




4 comments:

Sarah said...

Welcome to the bloggy world. I really enjoyed reading all your posts!

M. said...

If Alivia is anything like my kiddos...a mommy is any female grown-up and a daddy is any male grown-up. I do; however, think you have reason to be more flattered than Ben.

Anonymous said...

LOL You 2 make quite a couple!
~Amy

Anonymous said...

i ran across your blog through my friend Maranda - I love the "evil mommy" reference. Sometimes I feel like this character looks :)
lisa